Last Modified: June 23, 2023; Effective Date: July 1, 2023
Scope of This Policy
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites - www.autozone.com, www.autozonepro.com, www.duralastparts.com (collectively “Websites”)
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets, or other smart devices - AutoZone mobile app or the AutoZone Pro mobile app (collectively “Apps”)
- Visits to our domestic retail stores across the United States (“Stores”)
- Purchase of our products, whether in-store or online through our Websites or Apps
- Phone and email communications with us
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third-party websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
- Other services we may make available to you or that you request from us
The data collection and use practices for the AutoZone Websites are largely similar to how AutoZone collects customer information when you use the Apps or visit our Store locations. However, there may be some differences between how the App collects and uses your information, and how information is collected and used by the Websites or in Stores. These differences will be identified throughout this policy.
The chart below provides you with a summary of the kinds of Personal Information we collect, how we collect it, why we collect it, and who we may disclose it to. You can find more information about each of these topics in the sections that follow.
|Information We Collect About You||Examples||How We Collect Your Information||Why We Collect and Disclose Your Information||Who We Disclose Your Information To|
|Identifiers||Your name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, gender, age, date of birth, and information about your vehicle (e.g., vehicle identification number (VIN)); we may collect your government-issued ID information for certain types of transactions; password when you create an AutoZone Rewards Account||
|Demographic Information (which may include protected classification characteristics under state and federal law)||Age, race, ethnicity, gender, income, religion, language, date of birth, military service||
|Commercial Information||Products or services you purchased or considered purchasing, purchase history, products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop, vehicles you own (e.g., number, type, age, make, model)||
|Financial / Payment Information||Credit or debit card, check, bank account, or gift card||
|Business Information||Information that we collect from you, such as business name, business phone number, name of owner and/or point of contact, title, business address, zip code, email address and password, and business website||
|Internet, Device & Online Activity Information||Information about your interaction with our Websites and Apps through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, such as browsing history, search history, internet protocol (IP) address; session replay software may be used to record and replay your interactions with our website||
|Geolocation Data||Location based on IP address or mobile device location information, including precise geolocation data if you allow our Apps to collect it||
|Audio, Electronic or Visual Information||In-store CCTV, recordings of phone calls to us; live chat interactions||
|Inferences and Preferences||Preferences, interests, and other characteristics, such as shopping history that reflects a consumer’s shopping preferences||
Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of information in order to provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about the services you have requested or that we think may be of interest to you, to enhance our products, services and operations, and for other operational, legal and compliance purposes:
Identifier Information can be used to identify you such as your name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, gender, age, date of birth, and information about your automobile (such as your Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) and year). We may also collect your payment information such as credit card information and billing address when you buy products in our Stores and on our Website. However, your payment card information is passed securely to our payment card processor and is not stored by AutoZone. We may collect government-issued ID for certain types of transactions - but please provide government-issued ID information only if we ask you to. We will also collect your name, email address, telephone number, zip code, and a password that you choose when you create an AutoZone Rewards account or a “My Account” account within the Apps. We may also collect online identifiers, such as your IP address, when you browse our Websites or use our Apps.
Commercial information, such as products or services you purchased or considered purchasing, purchase history, products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop.
Business Information for the AutoZone Pro Website & AutoZone Pro Mobile App. AutoZone Pro, its Website, App, and Services are business-to-business services provided to our commercial customers to help them meet their business needs. As such, much of the information that we collect from our AutoZone Pro customers relates to their business, including their business’ name, address, zip code, telephone number, email address, financial account information to facilitate transactions with AutoZone Pro, commercial vehicle information, and other information related to their business. Additionally, AutoZone Pro may need to collect information related to an individual’s role within the company to fulfill an order or inquiry with AutoZone Pro, such as the individual’s name, title, location, telephone number, email address, other contact information, information related to an “AutoZone Commercial” Account with the Websites, and other information. We will also collect your email address and a password that you choose when you request an “AutoZone Commercial” account with the Websites.
Device and Website Interaction Information Related to online activities such as browsing history, search history, website pages viewed and visit duration, App usage, and other details about your website interactions including through use of what is now commonly known as “session replay” technologies, which may include data relating to full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream information to, through, and from our Websites (including date and time), services viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), or methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect device information, your IP address information, your browser or operating system information, login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, mobile device type, or other information that relates to your interaction with our Websites or Apps. In some situations, this information may be used or combined in a way that identifies you, your company, or your position within your company. In those situations, such information will be treated like Personal Information, as required under applicable laws.
Geolocation data, including precise geolocation data if you allow our application to collect it.
Audio, electronic or visual information, such as audio or video recording when you call us or when you come to our stores (although we may not be able to associate such information with you), or through use of our interactive chat functions such as the “Chat Now!” feature.
Inferences or preferences we learn or infer about you from other information we have collected about you.
Statistical or aggregated information, meaning information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or otherwise relate to an identified individual or household. Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated information from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
Personal Information Collected over the Last 12 Months: AutoZone has not collected any other types of Personal Information in connection with our Services over the last 12 months.
We do not knowingly collect or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 16 without parental or guardian consent. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us so that the information can be deleted.
How We Collect Your Information
AutoZone collects different types of information about you from a number of sources and in a variety of ways, including information you provide to us, information we automatically collect, information we obtain from other sources, including third parties (specified below), and information we derive or infer about you.
Information You Provide To Us: You may choose to give us information about you when you interact with us, in our stores or online. Examples include:
- You may provide your contact information when you purchase or return a product, or use a coupon or a Reward
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Websites or by corresponding with us by phone, email, through our interactive chat functions, such as the “Chat Now!” function, surveys, or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account; register for or subscribe to a Service; fill in forms on our Website; engage with us via text messaging, place an order, search for a service; or request further services. This also includes details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or in stores, and the fulfillment of your orders
- You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Websites
- For certain services, we may require you to provide your name, email address, or other contact information when you contact us with a question or comment
- If you establish an “AutoZone Rewards” account with us, we may require you to provide your name, an email address and telephone number, and create a password to create your account. For more information on AutoZone Rewards, please click here
- We will require you to provide your email address if you choose to sign up for our Duralast mailing list
- AutoZone Pro will chiefly collect Business Information to fulfill orders between AutoZone Pro and its commercial customers
- We will require you to provide your name, telephone number, zip code, and other contact information when registering a warranty item
- Upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our websites, applications, or via social media interactions on third-party websites including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest
Information We Obtain When You Use Our Services: We collect certain information from you through your use of our Services, such as App and Website usage data and other Device and Website Interaction Information. For example:
- In using our Websites and Apps, we may collect information about the device you use to log into, access, and use the Websites and Apps.
- We may collect other information in relation to how you use our Websites, Apps, or other Services (for example, aggregate metrics on how often certain pages on our Websites or Apps are accessed and viewed).
- We may ask you to provide your location information when you use our Apps or Websites, to provide store locations in proximity as well as certain App features and Services. You may choose to disable location tracking; however, certain functions of the Websites and Apps may not work properly if you do not share your location.
- We may use other Device and Website Interaction Information, such as aggregate data, in relation to how you use our Websites, Apps, or other Services.
- We may collect generic network information to assure the proper optimization for Website and App functionality.
Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources: We may also obtain information about you from third parties who help us provide our Services to you. For example:
- We may obtain information about your order or product return from our order fulfillment and delivery partners.
- We may also obtain some information from our Marketing Partners in order to inform you about products that we think you might be interested in.
- We may obtain information that does not identify you directly, but which is used in a way that may transform the information into Personal Information. For instance, AutoZone may receive warranty or product recall information from a part manufacturer or distributor related to a product that you purchased from us. We may combine that information with your information in our national warranty database or other systems to provide related services to you.
- We may receive information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or from third parties including, for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical, payment, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, or aggregators.
Information We Collect by Automated Means (Cookies & Tracking Data): The Websites and Apps may use third party products and services to gather anonymous traffic statistics using cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your device that helps the Websites, Apps and multiple servers recognize you. AutoZone and its third-party business partners may also use other tracking technologies such as pixels, or transparent GIF files, for app and web site management and user tracking.
Some of the cookies we use are “strictly necessary” for the functionality of our Websites and Apps. Others improve the functionality of our Websites and Apps but are not strictly necessary. Some cookies help improve the performance of our Websites and Apps (such as by gathering analytic data), while others help provide targeted services to you (like ads that you may be interested in). Examples of cookies we use include:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Services. Session cookies are temporary and are automatically deleted once you close your Internet browser.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings. Preference cookies are first party cookies that remain on your computer or device until you delete them, or they are otherwise removed upon expiration.
- Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, and Transparent GIFs: Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on Apps or Website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages.
- Other Technologies: We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Website and the Services we provide. For example, we may collect usage data and other information about the device you use to access our Apps and Websites, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
Your Cookies and Tracking Data Choices
If you are a California, Colorado, Connecticut or Virginia resident, you may opt-out of the use of third-party cookies and tracking technologies used for targeted advertising by clicking here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
Mobile Application Information Collection: Certain information is collected when you use our Apps, in addition to what may be collected when you use our Websites. For instance:
- Device Information and Settings: We may collect your device ID and may ask you to provide your precise location information when you use our Apps or Websites, to provide store locations in proximity as well as certain App features and Services. You may choose to disable location tracking; however, certain functions of the Websites and Apps may not work properly if you do not share your location.
- Camera, Photos, and Media Files: As part of your experience, you can upload photos and images from your device to the Apps. In order to do so, the Apps may need to access or modify your camera, your photo gallery, or other parts of your device containing media files.
How We Use Your Information
AutoZone collects, processes, and uses your information to provide the Services that AutoZone makes available to you. We therefore collect your information for a variety of business reasons, including:
To respond to you and provide you with goods and services you request.
- Fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery, or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt)
- Administering your participation in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion or sending you prizes you might have won
- Registering you for a particular website, loyalty program, or extended warranty service, or providing you with information regarding such programs or services
- Processing a return (to learn more about our Returns Policy, click here)
- Responding to a product or service review
- To perform a contract with you - including processing and fulfilling your AutoZone orders at our Website, Apps or at any of our Stores, and honoring your warranty
- When you have otherwise given us permission to do so - for example, when you sign up for the Duralast mailing list or for a “My Account” or an “AutoZone Commercial” account and choose to receive special offers, promotions, news, surveys, and correspondence from AutoZone, AutoZone.com, AutoZone Pro, and AutoZone Rewards
To facilitate our business and operational purposes in relation to the Services that we provide to you
- Undertaking tasks related to the operations of our Services including our Websites and Apps, including the placement of ads and/or providing customized content to our users
- Maintenance and improvement of our Services, including the Websites and Apps
- Detecting security incidents
- Debugging and repairing errors that impair the functionality of our Websites, Apps, or other Services
For security and asset protection purposes
- In-store, parking lot, and facilities cameras track store traffic, stock, and vehicles (in jurisdictions where permitted)
- Mitigating credit losses
- Confirming the identity of our customers who rent trucks or certain types of tools or equipment
- Retrieving unreturned tools or other equipment
- Processing and tracking returns
- Detecting and preventing fraud and malicious activities on our digital offerings and in your accounts
The collection is otherwise related to providing our Services to you
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, like our online "Chat Now!" function
- To provide customer support to you and our other members, customers, and visitors
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services
- To monitor the usage of our Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To help you find nearby AutoZone Store locations
For our marketing
- To provide you with news (for instance, via a newsletter), special offers, marketing or promotional materials, and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired, or which we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us at the contact information listed below, or by following the "unsubscribe" links in such email messages.
- To provide customized content to you on the Websites and Apps, and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Websites and Apps, such as advertisements that may be selected for you based on your geographic location, interests, preferences, and purchase history
- personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Websites or Apps;
- provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information;
- monitor and analyze our effectiveness and third-party marketing activities;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
For other uses we may disclose to you
- We may also use information for purposes disclosed to you at the point of collection, as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Disclosing Your Information
Why we disclose your information: We may share your Personal Information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted by law. Examples include:
With Service Providers who provide services on our behalf
- Order fulfillment - for instance, we will share your name, company name, and address with our product suppliers and shipment providers
- Providers of security and payment services
- Shipping and mailing vendors
- Customer experience enhancements
- Providers of digital analytics services
- Providers supporting our AutoZone Rewards and other customer loyalty programs
- Vendors supporting AutoZone Gift Cards or AutoZone Merchandise Credits
- Third parties that help us communicate with you
- We might also share information with the vendors and manufacturers of our products and services for warranty management or to respond to your reviews and questions
With Marketing Partners
- To manage and deliver advertising, including by placing ads on the Websites and Apps
- To measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns
- To identify the ads you have already seen, so that you don’t have to see the same ads too many times
- To better understand your preferences and interests
For Security and fraud prevention
- To investigate, protect against and help prosecute individuals responsible for malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity involving or affecting AutoZone, our Services, and/or our customers
- Disclosures to law enforcement, prosecutors, and other entities to investigate potential criminal activity and other civil violations
If we think we are legally required
- To comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation
AutoZone also collects, stores, and uses aggregate data that does not contain Personal Information, such as demographics or statistical information. This aggregate data may be shared with and used by third parties to help AutoZone and its suppliers better understand and serve our customers.
Categories of Personal Information Recipients
- Service / Fulfillment Providers: We employ third party fulfillment, shipment, transportation, and/or delivery providers, companies, individuals, and agents under contract with AutoZone to facilitate and help us provide our Services to you (“Service Providers”). Such Service Providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf, provide fulfillment and other services, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. For instance, we will share your name and address with product suppliers and delivery companies as necessary to fulfill your orders with AutoZone. We pass on the payment card information that you provide to use either in store or online with our payment card processors to fulfill your order. We share your account information with those providers that help us manage our AutoZone Rewards and other customer loyalty programs. We also disclose information to our database and cloud storage providers that help us maintain our Website and other systems.
- Other AutoZone Entities: We may share or disclose your information to other entities affiliated with AutoZone (e.g., ALLDATA, AutoZone Mexico).
- Marketing Partners: We may also from time to time provide your information to our Marketing Partners to help us provide information about our Services to you, including promotions or coupons we think you may be interested in. Often this information is masked in such a way that it does not directly identify you; however, we may share your Personal Information with such Marketing Partners on occasion.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for AutoZone Pro Business Purposes
AutoZone Pro is a business-to-business service for our commercial customers, and not for individual customers. Therefore, the majority of information shared is your Business Information or Device and Website Interaction Information as it relates to your role within your company. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information related to our business purposes outlined above. Most importantly, we need to share your name, your address, your payment information, the items you have requested to purchase, and any other information related your product order with those Fulfillment Providers necessary to complete your order (such as our payment card processor, and our shipment, transportation, and/or delivery providers). We may at times need to share certain Device and Website Interaction Information, such as your IP address and/or browser information, in relation to maintaining our Website, providing you with advertisement or other marketing or providing other Services. At times such Business Information or Device and Website Interaction Information may be used in a manner that may reasonably identify or be linked to you and qualify as Personal Information.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
AutoZone is not in the business of selling its customers’ Personal Information to others. AutoZone does not sell, rent or lease its customers’ Business Information or Personal Information to third parties for monetary consideration. As described in the Cookies & Tracking Data section above, third party cookies and other tracking technologies may be deployed on our Website to collect Device and Website Interaction Information. You may opt-out of the use of third-party cookies and tracking technologies for the purposes of targeted advertising using the methods provided in the Your Cookies and Tracking Data Choices section. AutoZone does not sell the Personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Please note that a “sale” of Personal Information does not include those instances when such information is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of our business. If we sell all or part of our business or make a sale or transfer of assets or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer your Personal Information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such transaction materially affects the manner in which your Personal Information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation.
In accordance with our document retention policy, AutoZone will retain your information only for so long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, for as long as your account is active (i.e., for the lifetime of your AutoZone Rewards member account), or as needed to provide certain Services to you. If you no longer want AutoZone to use your information to provide Services to you, you may close your account. AutoZone will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as otherwise described in this policy. We also may retain log files for internal analysis purposes. These log files are generally retained for a brief period of time, except in cases where they are used for Website safety and security, to improve Website functionality, or we are legally obligated to retain them for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
AutoZone’s Services are offered and available to individuals in the United States of America. While our Websites and Apps are available for anyone who is interested in AutoZone, Duralast Parts and AutoZone Pro, we do not sell or make available any products, goods, or other services to individuals outside of the United States, including the European Union. Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to United States and process it there. If you are located in the European Union, you should be aware that U.S. data protection laws are not deemed to be as adequate as those in the European Union. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, and destruction, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using or Websites, Apps, and Services, you acknowledge that there are data security and privacy limitations inherent to the use of the Internet, and that the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information exchanged between you and AutoZone, or between you and other related entities, cannot be guaranteed. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or that we store, and you do so at your own risk.
We use third-party payment processors to process any transactions you make with AutoZone, including via our Websites and Apps. The processing of those transactions is governed by the payment processors' privacy statement and security practices. AutoZone is not responsible for the third-party payment processors’ data security practices.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (“CalOPPA”)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. We may track consumers’ online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services. As we mentioned above, you can modify your browser’s settings to change its acceptance of tracking technologies.
Third parties may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Your California and Other State Law Privacy Rights
California, Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia residents are afforded certain rights related to their information under state law. AutoZone informs you that, where applicable under relevant law, individuals may be entitled to the following:
- Right to Know (Access / Disclosure): to have access to your Personal Information upon simple request - that is, you may receive a copy of such data upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the collection or processing.
- Right to Disclosure of Direct Marketers: to have knowledge of and access to, upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names of addresses of third parties that have received Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. Please see the “Direct Marketers Disclosure” section below for more information.
- Collecting, Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: upon receipt of a verifiable request, to obtain a list of:
- The specific pieces of your Personal Information AutoZone holds;
- The categories of Personal Information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of Personal Information shared or sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom Personal Information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- To opt-out of the sharing of Personal Information through cookies and tracking technologies, click here
- Right to Request Deletion: to obtain the deletion of your Personal Information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law and upon receipt of a verifiable request. In complying with your request to delete AutoZone will notify third parties who may have received your Personal Information subject to certain legal exceptions.
- Right to Correct Inaccurate Information: to request correction of inaccurate Personal Information, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of the Personal Information is processed. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct this information.
- Right to Data Portability: to have your Personal Information directly transferred by us to a third-party processor of your choice (where technically feasible; may be limited to situations when processing is based on your consent).
- Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information: you have the right to request that AutoZone limit the use of your sensitive information to fulfill a specified purpose (i.e., to provide ordered goods or services).
- Right to Non-Discrimination: As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us at the information in “Contact Us” Section below in relation to exercising these rights. Note that we will ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests
Notice of Financial Incentive
Our AutoZone Rewards Program“Program” provides you “Rewards Member” with Rewards for your eligible in-store and online purchases. AutoZone Rewards is a free program that helps you get more for buying what you need. After every 5 purchases of $20 or more, Rewards Members earn a $20 merchandise credit Rewards Dollars”, as well as access to exclusive offers, coupons and discounts. AutoZone may also, at our sole discretion, provide additional bonus credits in connection with certain transactions and/or promotions. You can view the full Terms and Conditions of the Program by clicking here.
We also may provide coupons or discounts for our products and services in exchange for your enrollment in email updates, newsletter delivery, contests, or similar services we provide to communicate with you “Coupons”.
The Program is available to Rewards Members for each in-store transaction, online transaction, and buy online pick up in store “BOPUS” transaction of $20 or more. The Program is subject to termination at any time at our sole discretion.
Categories of Personal Information collected through the Program:
- Identifiers: such as name, email, telephone number, zip code
- Customer Accounts/Commercial Information: such as shopping history, credits/Rewards earned and redeemed, preferred AutoZone store
- Internet/Network Activity: such as IP address, activity logs, browsing history
- Geolocation Data
- Inferences drawn from one or more of the above: including a consumer’s shopping history, that reflects a consumer’s shopping preferences
Coupons state the specific terms of the financial incentive or price discount, including the Personal Information requested to participate. For example, we may provide a 10% discount for first time subscribers to our emails and we may provide this discount to those individuals who enter their email address.
For the Program, you may opt-in by registering for an account in-store, online or on the mobile app. For Coupons, you may opt-in to the terms by entering the Personal Information requested.
Rewards Members may opt-out of the Program at any time. You may cancel participation in the Program and/or request not to be communicated with by: (1) mail by notifying the Program Administrator at AutoZone Rewards, 123 S. Front Street, Memphis, TN 38103, (2) email to CustomerCare@AutoZoneRewards.com, or (3) calling Customer Service at 1-800-741-9179.
For Coupons, if you ever wish to withdraw from the financial incentive or price or service difference, you may submit a request by visiting: http://dsar.autozone.com. If you opt out, we will not reduce the value of any Coupons or other financial incentives you previously received from us.
Each financial incentive or price or service difference related to collection of consumer Personal Information is based upon our reasonable determination of the estimated value to AutoZone of this data, which takes into consideration, without limitation, estimates regarding the anticipated revenue and incremental sales generated from the data, the anticipated expenses incurred in the collection, storage, and use of the data in the operation of our business, and other relevant factors related to the estimated value of such information to our business, as permitted under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Direct Marketers Disclosures
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above. Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address or toll-free number provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
While AutoZone encourages you to take advantage of the personalized Services on the Websites, you can use most of AutoZone's online Services without registering your information with AutoZone. If you sign up for the Duralast mailing list, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the Duralast emails sent to your email address. You can change your information at any time by editing your profile. You may opt out of receiving promotional marketing communications from AutoZone at AutoZoneRewards.com, by calling 1-800-741-9179, or by mailing a letter to the address shown below:
P.O. Box 664
Memphis, TN 38101
Links to Other Sites
All of our Services, including our Websites and Apps, are intended for adult audiences and are not meant to address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”). As such, Children under 16 may not use our Websites or Apps. If you are under 16, do not attempt to register for or use any of our Services, including our Websites and Apps, and do not provide us any Personal Information about yourself.
Submitting a Verifiable Data Subject Request to AutoZone
As mentioned above, certain state residents have certain rights to access, delete, or otherwise control the use, collection, and/or disclosure of their information. AutoZone will respond to an individual’s “verifiable request” to exercise his or her rights under such laws – that is, where AutoZone has received a request purporting to be from a particular individual, and AutoZone has been able to verify the individual’s identity. The need to verify an individual’s identity is critical to protecting your information and ensuring that your information is not shared with anyone pretending to be you or someone who is not authorized to act as your agent on your behalf.
You may submit a verifiable request via our website or toll-free number listed in the “Exercising Your State Law Privacy Rights” section below or as otherwise provided on our Websites and Apps (if such means are available). AutoZone will ask you to provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity as part of this process. This information may include your name, your address, your account information, and any other information deemed necessary by AutoZone to reasonably verify your identity, to ensure that your information is not shared with anyone impersonating you. Once we have verified your identity, we will work to fulfill your request in a timely manner. Please note there may be some situations in which we are unable to fulfill your request, such as if we cannot find any information about you within your systems. Additionally, we may not be able to honor a deletion request in some situations, such as if your information is necessary to fulfill your order with us or meet a legal obligation. We will inform you whether we can fulfill your rights request.
We may ask for additional information if we have difficulty confirming your identity. We will not share your information or honor other requests in those situations in which we are unable to verify your identity.
Under California law, a consumer can appoint an “authorized agent to make certain verifiable requests upon their behalf, such as the right to know what information we collect about the consumer or to request deletion of the consumer’s information. Because the security and privacy of your information are paramount, we will ask that you identify and provide permission in writing for such persons to act as your authorized agent and exercise your applicable rights under California law in such situations. This may require us to contact you directly and alert you that an individual has claimed to be your agent and is attempting to access or delete your information. We will also independently verify your identity to ensure that an unauthorized person is not attempting to impersonate you and exercise your rights without authorization. We will not share your information or honor any other requests in those situations where you cannot or do not grant permission in writing for an identified authorized agent to act on your behalf, or where we cannot independently verify your identity.
Exercising Your State Law Privacy Rights
By Website: http://dsar.autozone.com
By telephone: (866) 246-5230
If AutoZone denies a data subject request, Colorado, Connecticut and Virginia residents may, within a reasonable time of receiving AutoZone’s response to a request, submit an appeal of the decision. To appeal a request denial, please contact us at email@example.com.